The Double Chin Solution
Kybella is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin. An injection process is used to improve the appearance of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called "double chin." Kybella helps to destroy the fat cells under the chin to improve the profile of the face.
- Are bothered by (unhappy, self- conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness.
- Feel the condition makes you look heavier or older than you are.
- If you are not wanting to have a surgical procedure.
- Looking for a double injectable-only chin solution.
How the Kybella procedure works:
The active ingredient in Kybella is synthetic deoxycholic acid. This is a naturally occurring molecule in the body, which aids in the breakdown of dietary fat. Treatment of Kybella can only be administered by a medical professional. During each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections (resembling a small graph) under your chin, which takes about 15 to 20 minutes. The number of injections and treatments depends on the person, or the amount of fat you have under the chin and the desired profile.
- After the Kybella® treatment, you will likely have some swelling, bruising, or numbness under the chin.
- Other common side effects are redness or areas of hardness.
- Inform your healthcare professional if an uneven smile, facial muscle weakness, or difficulty swallowing develops.
- Side effects are usually temporary and often resolve on their own.