Elixir Platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, uses injections of a concentration of the patient’s own platelets to accelerate healing, and grow new, healthy cells. PRP helps provide different growth factors and improve blood supply and build collagen.
What does treatment involve?
This treatment uses injections of a concentration of a patient’s own platelets to accelerate healing. PRP injections are prepared by taking a tube of your own blood and running it through a centrifuge. There is little-to-no downtime and it is minimally-invasive. The way the PRP is used, depends on the treatment you are receiving. PRP can be used with injection (as filler), microneedling, or massaged into the skin.
Treatment is great for:
- Reducing wrinkles, acne scars, and fine lines
- Toning and tightening the skin
- Repairing mild volume loss and collagen loss
- Improving the appearance of dark undereye circles and crow’s feet
- Accelerating healing
Types of PRP Treatment offered at KSA:
- Elixir PRP Facial (Microneedling (SkinPen) with PRP)
- Elixir PRP Facial (Package of 3)
- Elixir PRP Facial with Dermal Boost
- Elixir PRP with Dermal Boost (Add-On)
- Elixir PRP Lift (Cheek Filler + Elixir Facial)
- Elixir PRP Undereye Package (Pixel Laser + PRP) (3 Treatments)
Elixir PRP Facial (Microneedling (SkinPen) with PRP
Elixir PRP Injection Process:
- One of our medical providers will draw a sample of your blood. The amount of the sample depends on where the PRP will be injected.
- The blood will then be placed into the centrifuge. This is a machine that spins around very quickly, causing the blood components to separate. This process can take 15-20 minutes.
- One of our providers will then take the separated platelet rich plasma (PRP) and will prepare for injection into the treatment area.
Results vary with each treatment. You may see improvement within a couple of weeks in your skin within a few days of treatment. Full impact will take 2-3 months to see. Typically, a series is best for full results. Multiple treatment sessions may be required to achieve your desired end result.